Google Webmaster Tools or Google Search Console is one of the free Google analysis tools. With this analysis tool, the presence of the own website in the Google search results can be viewed and managed. Among other things, website operators can also identify any errors or indexing errors in the Google Search Console and fix them if necessary.
Good to know: in order to have a website included in the index by Google, the respective webmaster does not have to be registered with the Google Search Console.
These functions are covered by the Google Search Console:
- Ensuring that Google can index and crawl the website
- Fixing indexing problems and requesting indexing of new, updated content
- Viewing search query data for the website, e.g. which search queries lead to your website
- Receive notifications about spam or indexing errors
- Viewing backlinks
- Troubleshoot user experience issues on mobile devices
By viewing the keywords that users have used to reach the website, the intentions of website visitors can be learned. For this purpose, website content is analyzed and keywords are assigned to the various subpages. On this basis, webmasters can then optimize their website.
With the GSC, duplicate titles and meta descriptions can be identified in addition to indexing errors. Also the setup of wrong redirects are not hidden with the GSC.
Thematically relevant sub-pages: