User-generated content is a great method used to persuade people visiting your website to purchase your products or services. Currently, the consumers need something else than just self-promotion of a business to decide whether they should make the final purchase. This is where the User-generated content comes in.
What exactly is it?
User-generated content (UGC) is any content created by customers as opposed to a business. The content can be in a variety of formats. For example, blog posts, social media posts, photos, reviews, videos, comments, and others. Usually, UGC is published and shared on social media channels and forums.
Statistics about UGC (source: Kunsman, 2022)
- UGC increases conversions by 10% when involved in an online purchase path.
- 90% of consumers say authenticity is crucial when deciding which brands, they are fond of and choose to support.
- 79% of consumers say UGC highly impacts their purchasing decisions.
- Consumers find UGC 9.8x more impactful than content from influencers when making a purchasing decision.
Why is it important?
It is no secret that nowadays, people turn to online channels to share their opinions and experience about everything. The UGC is an important tool for business to connect with its audiences and build trustworthiness and brand loyalty.
The advantages of UGC:
- Increased engagement
- Improved brand awareness
- Higher website traffic
- Improved visibility with Search Engine Optimization
What should you do?
Encourage the consumers to produce as much user-generated content as possible as potential customers appreciate authenticity and will trust other satisfied customers rather than the business itself. Then just share the content on your website or social media channels. But be careful regarding privacy issues and copyright violation!